The spouse visa extension is usually designed for the non-EEA residents who are staying in the UK under a spouse visa. If you are outside of the European Economic Area and are in a marriage, you need to apply for a spouse visa. However, if you decide to stay in the UK, but your visa has expired, you need to apply for a spouse visa extension.
This visa extension lasts for 30 months, and after this extension expires, you can, therefore, apply for indefinite leave to remain status which can also eventually lead to British citizenship. There are also various requirements which are somewhat similar to making the original spouse visa. Here are some of the things you need to know about spouse visa extension: –
1. The initial spouse visa application will be valid for a period of 2 years and nine months, and you will be eligible for residing in the UK for 2 to 5 years. For this, you have to submit your UK spouse visa extension, and it is important to set a reminder to get in touch with a good consultant to get more details.
2. You will also need to prove that you meet the visa extension financial requirement, and this poses the most difficult problem. The candidate should equate to an annual income of £18,600.
3. Another thing is that you should be able to speak English and if you speak English you do not need to prove your knowledge, you only need a passport. Others might have to sit for an English exam, and you will have to secure good results that are approved by the Home office.
4. In order to apply for a spouse visa extension, your partner must be physically present in the UK at the time of your application. Also, both of you must proof to live together in the UK.
5. However, there are many consultancy sites which are out there for your service, and they can help you better with all these processes.
These were some of the things of how to apply for spouse visa extension and increase your duration of stay in the UK. For expert help and guidance, visit https://www.uvsuk.com/.