Know The Procedure & Requirements To Apply For Spouse Visa Extension

If you are the UK visa holder and living with your spouse, and you are looking to extend your stay in the UK – you will need to apply for a spouse visa extension. When making an application for the visa extension, both you and your spouse have to be 18 years or above and have to be present in the UK. Also, it states that you and your partner are supposed to be living together. To explain in simple terms, the relationship should be subsisting and genuine. The visa extension application for your spouse should also consider sufficing below-mentioned requirements:

The English language requirements
It is requisite to prove your knowledge of the English language. If you have a qualification or a degree as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree or higher. You are allowed to prove language proficiency by taking up the test in listening and speaking.
The candidate will be exempted if he/she is above 65 years or more. Also, if the candidate has a mental or physical condition that prevents from meeting the above requirements.
Financial requirements
For applying for spouse visa extension, you and your spouse will combine to showcase an income of £18600. The income can be from various sources like savings, pension income, etc.
If you or your spouse is in the receipt of receiving specific allowance like disability living allowance then you are exempted from meeting the financial requirements in the form of the minimum limit. However, you will be asked to show that you are earning sufficient income that supports you and your spouse.
For applying a visa extension for the spouse, there is an online form filling procedure. This has to be done within the time frame of your expire of the UK visa. As a part of the procedure, you will be asked to submit all the supporting documents, including the nature of your relationship with your partner.
In the event, if you are unable to provide the documents, or there is an incomplete application the chances are there of getting your spouse visa rejected. Ideally, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK if you have lawfully stayed for five years.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *