UK skilled worker visa has replaced the Tier 2 visa category.
Are you planning to get the UK skilled worker visa? If yes, you need to know about the eligibility criteria and other things before applying for a job. If your job opportunity is with the home office approved, licensed employer, you can apply for a skilled worker visa. In order to successfully apply for a visa, you may approach the best Immigration Services UK. However, before applying for the UK skilled worker visa Tier 2, you need to explore these things.
Who Is Eligible For a Skilled Worker Visa?
To be eligible to apply for a skilled worker visa, you must fulfil these conditions
- You should have a job with the home office approved UK employer
- Having assigned a certificate of sponsor from your employer
- Proven knowledge of English
- A job that must be on the list of eligible occupations
- Should receive a minimum salary
How can you meet English Language requirement?
You should prove your reading, writing, speaking, and understanding of English to level B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale. You can meet this requirement in number of ways
- You can prove your English proficiency by passing a secure English language test.
- If you have a qualification, equivalent to UK degree (medium of instruction must be English)
- If you are a national of one of the majority English speaking countries (listed by Home Office)
A point-based immigration system implies that an individual must meet specific requirements to eligible for a visa.
You must score 70 points to eligible for the skilled worker visa. The UK Visas and Immigration helps you and makes you eligible for the application by assisting you in the right way.
Points awarded in non-tradable categories:
- 20 points – when you have a job offer from a licensed employer
- 20 points –your job is at appropriate skill level.
- 10 points –You meet the English language criteria
For tradable categories
- 20 points – Your job listed on the shortage occupation list. Your salary must be greater than £20480
- Your salary can get you from 0-20 points. (for claiming 20 points it should be minimum salary required by the home office or the ‘going rate’ for the job whichever is higher)
- Education level
- 10 points – If you are holder of PhD related to your job
- 20 points – If you a holder of STEM PhD
Basically, non-tradable categories awarded 50 points. You can obtain the other 20 points from any tradable categories.
When your place in the highest salary job, you will meet the other tradable categories
How Long Skilled Worker Visas allow you to stayInthe UK?
You can stay in the UK as a skilled worker (tier 2 worker) for up to 5 years. After that, you may be eligible to apply for a permanent settlement visa in the UK
How to Apply for a Skilled Worker Visa from Outside the UK?
When you are outside the UK, you can apply for a skilled worker visa online but you will need to attend nearest visa application centre to provide biometrics. Your application will be processed within 3 weeks.
Apply to Extend or Switch Your Visa (from within the UK)
If your current UK visa is going to expire, then you must apply to extend or switch your visa.
- When you need to change your job or employer, you must apply and update your visa.
- Once you have submitted the application, it might take few weeks to get the decision.
How Long Does It Take To Approve?
If you apply using standard service, it usually takes 3-4 weeks. You can also use priority service or Super Priority service to get the decision quicker. But you will have to pay extra in addition to the normal home office fees.
Wrapping It Up
Hope you have understood, and this information might be useful for you to get the UK skilled worker visa tier 2. If you want to apply for the visa hassle-free, then it is the best approach for consultancies. The professionals from the consultancies conveniently provide the service, so you can conveniently get thevisa.