Uk Marriage Spouse Civil Partner Visa!
UK Marriage Spouse/Civil Partnership
UK Marriage Spouse/Civil Partner Visa
The permanent residents or the spouses of UK citizens can come to the UK under a marriage visa. They are enabled to work once their visa is approved. Ideally, it allows you to live with your partner in the UK for a time span of 30 months.
Fortunately, you can always choose to extend the visa for another 30 months if you are still married and fulfil the other eligibility conditions. Once you have completed 5 years under this route, you may be eligible to apply for ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) in the UK. Unique Visa Services provides you with the assistance you need to apply for a Civil Partner/Marriage Visa. Not only this but if you wish to extend your visa, you can always count on our services.
UK Marriage/Civil Partner Visa
A spouse visa is a must for an individual who wishes to become a UK resident by virtue of their legal marriage to a UK citizen. Further permission to reside in the UK will be granted if certain criteria are successfully met.
If the visa, is granted, you will be granted a multiple entry visa (valid for 2.5 years).
In addition to this, if you are already in the UK on a visa that is valid for over 6 months like Student visa, Work permit visa, Graduate visa or any other long term visa categories, then you can consider switching for a spousal visa.
Let’s dive into Visa application requirements and process:
There are certain requirements you need to meet to apply for a UK Marriage/Civil Partner visa. In order to obtain that the couple needs to satisfy the UKBA’s Entry Clearance Officer with the needed documentation and proof. The requirements include:
- Present & Settled: The partner resident in the UK should either hold British Citizenship or be a permanent citizen of the country with no restrictions on the stay.
- Marriage Validity: The couple must be legally married. They must have valid proof of the marriage recognized under UK law.
- Legal Marriage Age: Both parties must be above the age of 18 in order to be married. However, if one of them is about to turn 18, then the UKBA is not liable to grant a valid visa. Doing so on a discretionary ground is unlikely.
- Marriage must be genuine: The existing couple needs to demonstrate satisfactory proof of their marriage to the UKBA entry clearance officer.
- Accommodations and Financial Aspects: The sponsor must be financially stable in order to provide accommodation in the country to his/her spouse. They must have a minimum income of £18,600 p/a without relying on extra public funds.
- Language Requirements: The applicant must be able to speak English. In order to prove the above, they are entitled to pass a mandatory English Language Test prior to their application.
- Others: The applicant needs to provide proof of legal residence in the country they are currently residing in.
Children And Dependants!
Children of the married couple who are under the age of 18 years will be allowed to enter as dependants. The family can submit their application all together at the same time should they wish to do this.
A spouse or UK Marriage Visa permits married partners of UK citizens to immigrate to the UK.
Yes, You are allowed to study and even work in the UK under this visa.
If you are applying outside the UK, The processing time for a UK Marriage Visa is approximately 4-12 weeks from the date you manage to submit the required application to the UKBA. However, the processing time may vary depending on the country where you are currently residing.
A spouse visa is issued for 33 months if you are applying from overseas. If you are applying from within the UK, it’ll be issued for 30 months.
Yes, you can choose to extend your visa. To do so, consider applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain. It is provided when you are still married, living with your partner in the UK and continue to meet the maintenance necessities. Once you are granted an ILR you might get eligible to apply for naturalisation as a British citizen.